I'm having light troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2007
Macgregor 25 New Orleans
Can anyone tell me how to reset the breakers on the Mac 25? I think I've blown two of them (one I don't know, the other trying to fix the first), but I can't figure out how to reset them. They push in and out, but it doesn't do anything. Also, it looks as though the breakers themselves are on the negative wire. Does this sound right? I thought it would be on the positive... Thanks for any help you could give me! Mister Jack

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
??

Are you sure you have breakers and not fuses? I thought all Macs came with fuse and switch panels.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
the fuse is behind the pop out cover

I have a 1988 26d, but guess its the same cheap azz panel. theres a round glass fuse behind the cover marked 'fuse'

Jul 24, 2006
Macgregor 25 Tulsa, Ok.
Bet he's got what I had...

I thought the same thing. You have to dig out the reddish fuse cover with a small flat blade screw driver, and hope you don't break anything. The original panels are a POS. My original panel resides in a landfill somewhere. I replaced the original panel with two panels which use screw-in fuse cups. Much better. Everything has it's own circuit (cabin lighting takes advantage of a second terminal strip) so I didn't have to piggy-back any wires, like my PO had done. :eek:(

Status
Not open for further replies.