I'm buying a lottery ticket!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay Hill

Well, not being the luckiest person in the world, I readily notice any good luck that comes my way. I recently mentioned my intention to liveaboard in 38 more days. This, all possible by a series of events which I would consider "lucky." I was able to buy one company and start another each for about 10% of their actual value and get a boat for about 65% of its actual value; difficult to find nowdays. The only problem was I still had a job making it difficult to run two companies no matter HOW efficient I tried to be. Well, lucky stroke number three has just hit. I got laid off today with a severance package that totally shocked me; it's great! This will allow me to totally devote my time to the business side of sailing. As I always say, "What a problem to have, no?" I should be able to move aboard in two weeks. So, wish me more luck if you can spare some. I suspect I'm smiling like Bruce with the new beauty. I just had to share some positive news. More positive news may be that I will be quite busy now and will spend less time on HOW........... but I doubt it. (Phsyche!) Well, next stop? Lottery Stand Hey Greg, hurry up with that new boat, OK? I'm "Grand Opening" that second company at Texoma officially 4/28 and need more charter vessels. Phil, Please forgive; that was the most non-advertising advertisement or solicitation I could conjer at the moment. I'm ecstatic. I'll email you with a new ad idea when I get the new site up. My best Ricardo Mantobahn (sp?) impression: "Smiles everyone, smiles!"

G

Greg Stebbins

Timeless saga...

Jay, Going to Houston to look at a 36 & 40 this weekend or next (probably next). Looking at 340 stuff supplied by Hunter (LWL's for 320 & 340 are ruffly the same?). Moving as fast as timeless (get ti?) people can go. You OK with your current events? Need anything? Greg

J

Jeff Jackson

Texoma Business

Jay, What kind of business are you starting on Texoma. It sounds like it could be a sailing charter operation. I used to belong to Nautica Boat Club before they went under. I need a place to sail close by until I get my own boat. You can email me directly at jeffrey.jackson@worldnet.att.net

G

Greg Stebbins

Hmmmmm.....

Jeff, are you talking about a "Time share" type arrangement? Or a boat swapping club? I'm interested. Greg

J

Jay Hill

Gentlemen...

...please refer to email sent to both of you concerning opportunities and boat possibilities. Look forward to hearing from you.

J

Jay Hill

Jeff, your email returns

errors: >>> RCPT To:<jeffrey.jackson@worldnet.att.net> <<< 550 Invalid recipient: <jeffrey.jackson@worldnet.att.net> 550 <jeffrey.jackson@worldnet.att.net>... User unknown Got another address or is there a slight typo in the address?

J

Jeff Jackson

OOPS

i made a slight typo. The address is jeffrey.jackson3@worldnet.att.net I forgot the 3.

J

Jeff Jackson

Greg

The arrangement at Nautica Boat Club was: A monthly due of around $28.00 was paid. Sailboats were available to charter at a discount between 20-50 percent depending on the season. The boats ranged from 30-38 feet. Use of the club house at Grandpappy Point for socializing. Speed and pontoon boats were also available for rental. I saw in an ASA news letter that the club is for sail. The owner prior to the owners that went bankrupt placed the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.