Ignition panel replacement

Jul 21, 2023
S2 9.2C New London, Ct
I have a 1982 S2 9.2C and the ignition panel (I don't know if that's what it's called, but it's on the starboard side of the cockpit with the ignition switch, kill switch, and tach) is cracked in several places. Does anyone know a source for a replacement panel? Or should I get a piece of plexiglass and cut the appropriate holes in it and fabricate my own mount?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Does anyone know a source for a replacement panel?
Cannot even guess what this looks like but if you'll supply a picture, we'll tell you exactly what the best solution is for this.

Just a flat plate ? Nothing could be easier. Curved sides, not so easy.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome to the SBO forums. I'm with Ralph on this one.
The S2 9.2C was "Last Built in 1987" according to SailboatData.com. Your's was a 1982.

We owners of mature boats usually do not find our boat specific parts at a local store. "Production of sailboats ended in 1989." SBD
You can look at other boats to see if you can find something that might fit.

My guess you will be quicker to the fix if you find some plastic or aluminum stock plate (if aluminum, I'd look for something coated) and cut your own panel. That is what was done on my 1974 CAL, with the guidance and insight of my skilled friend @LeslieTroyer.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Probably need to know what engine you have to help you find a replacement…

Greg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
If it is a Yanmar, plates may still be available. You'll need to know what style plate you have, Yanmar made several.

Try Niemiec Marine in New Bedford.