If you have one of these Igloo coolers, please read

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
What bad engineering. The hasp is upside down, The hasp should be lifted to close.

The same problem could occur with sail lockers and lazarettes if the hasp is set to drop down rather than lift to latch.

Lucky for the child that his parents were home. What if he was playing hide and seek?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Almost all my coolers have latches that catch when closed.
I was sad to find that when I replaced the original step/cooler in our C22, it lacks a latch.

Ikea has long had a recall for the risk of dressers falling forward when the drawers are climbed on. Like every other dresser in the world with varying loads in the drawers.
Maybe they need to engineer them with a base that is twice the depth of the top.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I refuse to buy Igloo products .. a few years ago, I bought a premium cooler from them and after a year, the top warped so much that the box could not be closed. I sent them pictures and requested a new lid under warranty.. they would not provide a lid.. I suspect the foam insulation had not fully cooked off until it sat in the sun a few days.. and when it did, the inner side of the lid was displaced out almost 2 inches.. Terrible customer service people..

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Thank you Peggie

Dang! Did you read the comments posted after that video? Rough crowd.