If you could change one thing about your boat

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew. You sail on Seneca Lake. With your wife. Who enjoys sailing with you. Maybe you need to find a good counselor. ;-)
Good point... I need to breathe, eh?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I think we can all agree that everyone needs a good phalanxing now and then.
As far as impractical, I want an underwater window to watch the dolphins and look at my keel. I would also like one of those diver's hatches to enter and exit the water from below deck. As far as the one thing, I think the window and it can't produce more drag on the hull, either. It is hard to resist the phalanx, though.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
I second Will Gilmore's idea of an underwater window. How cool is that? But meanwhile, I like to lounge on my settees, yet they are really too narrow to be comfortable. So I'd like to change that. Also, a few more inches of cockpit space around the helm so I don't have to climb to walk forward. That's about it!

Jun 4, 2018
Catalina 36 mkI Sausalito, CA
I’d move the cockpit to the center and reclaim the headroom in our otherwise spacious aft cabin. Then we could sleep there rather than in the v-berth. And while I’m at it, I’d put a proper swim platform on our 1989 C36 MKI. This is the dream. In reality, we absolutely love her.

Leigh
DarleneD

May 16, 2017
Pearson 10 Meter 39 Westport Ma
I would change the outward facing hull to deck flange on the Pearson 10M. Heck, I'll ask the Genie to retrofit all the others in the series as well. This particular design feature leaves a mooring pennant chewing weapon just underneath an easy to dislodge rub rail. This has resulted in an unexpected visit to the beach for my particular vessel. On the positive side, it opened up an very attractive buying opportunity for me, but it's not something I want to see again

Now for a real flight of fancy, I'd love to see a shiny new bronze painted Moyer Marine rebuild sitting in my engine compartment .

I could go on, but I am beginning to feel greedy.

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
A new wiring harness custom designed to accommodate everything Mrs. Snow desires. And...…..a pressurized shower like the ski boats have.

Both are doable but - it will take me a long time! :)

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
I've got the perfect boat, but ... I wish that the interior was designed around a sailing couple, rather than what some designer thought it would need. I've got an aft cabin that stores our stuff, and the center saloon is too wide to walk across when healed over. Perhaps one day I'll take a skill saw to it, and put in more rails, but that would kill the resale on her.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
A clean dry Bilge. Is that two things?? If so I’ll go with clean & oil free

Les