If you could change one thing about your boat

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Reading some of these posts brought back many fond memories from my high school chemistry days. Quite a simple recipe for making gun powder. So I made some, at home away from prying eyes. Then, taking a piece of old three quarter inch galvanized water pipe from our basement, drilling a hole for the fuse, attaching an end cap and a marble for the projectile, my buddy and I were ready to test fire our latest of many contraptions.

He lived on the banks of the Willapa River, you see, and our firing range was about two hundred yards up river to the old Willapa Bridge, now long gone, no thanks to our contraption. Resting our new cannon on their picnic bench, with a block to catch any recoil, I cautiously lit the fuse. WHUMP! Not near a solid bang, but our contraption fired that marble about 150 yards, not quite enough to take out the bridge, thankfully.

I suppose to stay on thread, Phil, would that not make a great addition to a P42, to fend off pirates, of course? Other than our contraption, a loss here on what one thing our boat needs. :plus:

genec

Dec 30, 2010
Pacific Seacraft Orion27 HP: San Diego, M: Anacortes
Undetectable retractable deck turret with Phalanx system.

For those pesky pirates. Other than that, my boat's great.
Wait for the laser version... quieter, stealthier.

JGNC

Aug 26, 2018
Macgregor 21 Central CA
I just wish I could get my boat wet. I've been a sailboat owner for two months now and haven't taken it out yet. :redface:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
How does

How does the Phalanx capability change the COLREGs as discussed elsewhere?
The ColRegs are all about not colliding. If the phalanx capabilities prevents collisions, they will be fine with that ;).
-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I already watched the 3 minute intense training cartoon. Apparently several folks in Maine have these sitting behind their barns.