If we can't sail . . .

May 23, 2007
Catalina Capri 22 Albany, Oregon
we can at least camp! Admiral, as happened with the boat, asked me to go to the bank and I came home with something to tow behind the truck.

2010 Trail Cruiser 23QBC we bought from our friend. It's been used all of 4 times. She got it in the divorce and he got the truck. The admiral's plan is that we can camp out at the lake and have the best of both worlds. If the lake doesn't fill this year then we'll just camp. :)

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
Very nice Travel Trailer Chris! yeah the boat is nice to sleep on, but a TT will be infinitely more comfortable, and at least it gets you away.. but I am still crossing my fingers for you that the lake fills.

May 23, 2007
We're hoping the lake fills as well. The admiral's plan is for us to tow the trailer down on a Wednesday and commute back to work Thursday & Friday, sail every evening, plus Saturday, then drive on home on Sunday. Should be interesting. :D

May 16, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 IL
We can't do the travel trailer. That is why we trailer the Capri around to warmer climates. Its the same thing but a bit smaller. However I need to let the cat out of the bag. Our next boat is going to be one of these... Will travel on a trailer and can host the five of us. Let the flame wars begin:

May 3, 2008
Catalina Capri 22 Half Moon Bay
wow!! Congratulations!
That's a sweet looking boat, whatever it is.
That's trailerable??!!

May 16, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 IL
aviatorjames said:
wow!! Congratulations!
That's a sweet looking boat, whatever it is.
That's trailerable??!!
No Congrats yet. Need to buy one, lol. Yes, they are trailerable. It's a Com-pac 27.

This guy used a triple axle trailer; Not the best as dual is much better to drive with.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
One of our fellow sail club members has one, an older model.. Com-pac makes a stellar boat. That thing is a TANK though... Mast looks to be about the size of a small telephone pole (and shorter than my capri 25)...

Just a beautiful built boat though, and he bought it with every option.

I am not sure if he's sold it as yet... he's been looking to unload it because his health is deteriorating quickly (severe cancer unfortunately)...

Anyway, I've often admired the Com-pac 27 as a great near shore cruiser. You'll get NO grief from me.

May 23, 2007
If I had unlimited funds (e.g. won the lottery) I'd have to seriously look at the Seaward RK boats. Not sure I really want to tow a 32 down the road but the 26-28 footer might be ok.

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
Yeah I like the seaward as well... and I'd not hesitate to tow a 32 foot seaward.... they are nice lines as well... The Com-pac 27 and the seaward 26 have similar lines. However, I like the Roll Keel on the Seaward seems like a smart solution to draft to me.

It'd be fun to trailer something that big!