Idylle 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Allen

I am considering the purchase of a 1985 Beneteau Idylle 10.5 here in Sydney. I can't find any reviews or other information on the boat. I would love to hear from other owners to get their views on performance, practicality and problems they have experienced. I am aware that this particular boat requires some repair to osmosis blisters (four, about 2 inches big, near the stern and below the waterline). Is this an endemic problem with the boat, or typical of the age. Thanks in advance Ray

J

John

Blisters again

Dear Ray, There were a number of hulls constructed in 1985 that basically had water soluble catylst used in there manufacture. This is no doubt one of them. The quality of the lay up work and resin saturation of the skin mat is usually above average however vibration from motor obviously creating capilary action of moisture within the hull. The problem does get worse exponetially with time and unfortunatly if previous repairs have been performed then it may be beyond repair. My experience would suggest keep away at all costs.

L

Larry W.

80s Beneteau

Ray; I have a '94 Bene 40. It's had some blisters that I've had repaired. From what I can gather, ANY boat built after about 1980 is subject to blisters. Find 'em, fix 'em. Don't let a few blisters keep you away from a boat you like, and don't let anyone talk you into a complete blister job, they're NOT WORTH IT! My dock neighbor has an '85 French-built Beneteau 41 that's built like a Sherman tank and he loves it. I'll get particulars on it and pass them along. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.