Identify this wire

Jul 24, 2020
Pearson Alberg 35 Ithaca
I know this wire goes here. I just don't know what it is. It is on the front of a yanmar 2gm. Is it a water temp sensor?

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
If it is yellow it connects to the oil pressure sender. If white, it connects to the water temp sender. The water temp sender is located higher on the front of the engine than the oil pressure sender.. looking at your video, it appears you are attaching it to the water temp sender..

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
good pick up on the teeth position of the belt , guys. IMHO belt should be re - tensioned (w/ less than 1/2 inch deflection when cold, but that's f rom my memory of my 2 gm 25 years a go...) after installing belt properly w/ teeth facing the bearing surface of the pulley, not the air..

• Helpful
Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
It’s a V belt not a serpentine belt. The V mates with the pulls like installed ( although too loose) . I’ve seen v belts built like this with the ribs on the outside. I think it is to assist on the flexibility.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I don’t think that is the right belt for the 2GM20. Mine are straight V belts, no teeth. I think they have Yanmar stickers on them. But I guess it doesnt do any harm, as long as it installed the right way. Hard to tell in the video, but it looks like the V is in the pulley.

Greg