Ideas for running rigging. Adding winches on a 1976 MacGregor Venture 222

Slavik

Aug 20, 2022
MacGregor Venture 222 Lake Pleasant
My boat doesn't have winches. I'm adding them. Lewmar 16s from the 70s. How do you run your foresail and main sail sheets and halyards to your winches?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Lead halyards and sheets through turning blocks, deck organizers then through clutches then to self tailing winches on each side. Also do an internet search on "Macgregor V22 rigging images to see examples".

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
16's would be way overkill. I have 7's on my V25, and i hardly ever need to crank them with the handle. Lewmar 6's or 7's would be fine for a 22.

Slavik

Aug 20, 2022
Lead halyards and sheets through turning blocks, deck organizers then through clutches then to self tailing winches on each side. Also do an internet search on "Macgregor V22 rigging images to see examples".
Funny enough I did a lot of Google work and didn't find much. I got more from YouTube by watching videos and carefully studying what people were running. Lots of hitting Pause. Then walking marinas and looking but the sheets were always stowed. I've seen people run foresail sheets inside and outside the side stays. The MacGregor Venture 222 doesn't have a substantial side deck to mount tracks. So I'm looking for one place to mount a stand up spring pulley.

Slavik

Aug 20, 2022
16's would be way overkill. I have 7's on my V25, and i hardly ever need to crank them with the handle. Lewmar 6's or 7's would be fine for a 22.
Yeah I got them bc they were the same price as smaller ones and am going to take them with me to the next boat if needed.