Ice Maker on Board!

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I purchased a stand alone ice maker for use on my boat. Went down there yesterday to do some work. I filled it up and turned it on two hours later I had ice for several cocktails. I like it!

B50539FF-0FE5-42FE-A6CD-C3563A0FAC04.jpeg

IKICH Portable Ice Maker Machine for Countertop, Ice Cubes Ready in 6 Mins, Make 26 lbs Ice in 24 Hrs with LED Display Perfect for Parties Mixed Drinks, Electric Ice Maker 2L with Ice Scoop and Basket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q33HD6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_qvAsEbDPRPTSY

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
It can run off a 400 watt inverter I have. Not sure about battery drain, I’ve not done the math.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I thought that machine would be the answer to my ice needs, but sadly it wasn't. Unfortunately, it has no freezer to keep the ice it makes from thawing, so here in the tropics the cubes nearly thawed half way during a cycle. Unless I decanted the cubes into a baggie each cycle and stuck them in the freezer, after an hour's gen time I had almost no ice. That was way too much work versus a 20# bag for a couple of bucks. At the dock it could be nice though.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
I thought that machine would be the answer to my ice needs, but sadly it wasn't. Unfortunately, it has no freezer to keep the ice it makes from thawing, so here in the tropics the cubes nearly thawed half way during a cycle. Unless I decanted the cubes into a baggie each cycle and stuck them in the freezer, after an hour's gen time I had almost no ice. That was way too much work versus a 20# bag for a couple of bucks. At the dock it could be nice though.
I’ll see how it does in Texas in August. I may have to drink faster!

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I also tried the ice maker and ended up throwing it away. The cubes melted as fast as it made them (tube ice not cubes). We have tried the stand up ice trays that came with the freezer. They were OK and mage great solid cubes but hard to remove from the trays. Then we just froze water in plastic bags and whacked them with a winch handle. Again messy when the bag broke. So the best we have found is bagged ice made by the refrigerator at home. When is gone buy a bag.