Ice box drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Murphy

My ice box is not draining properly, If anyone can tell how it is suppost to work I would appericiate it. I checked the line and it is open and clear. I did read a post about foot pump but did not understand. Thanks Robert

L

larry w.

icebox drain

Robert; Not sure what you mean by icebox. In my Bene 40 there's a refrigerator, a separate freezer, and a unit in the galley that could be an icebox. It has a drain hose on it that goes to the sink drain. The freezer has its own drain hose that goes to a selector valve that uses the bilge pump. Put the valve in the right place and the bilge pump empties the freezer. It leaves about a quarter of an inch of water that has to be sponged out, but better than bailing about a a gallon.

I

Ivan Edwards

foot pump below sink

On my 1990 First 285, there is a sea water foot pump, on the floor in front of the sink, that you can pump with your foot. It does double duty. It can either: - pump sea water - pump out the ice box there is a y valve under sink (on the thru hull fitting itself) where you select one of the two...

R

Robert Murphy

Thanks

Thanks for the response to my post, the foot pump was correct and now have it working fine. Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.