I want one

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Yes please.
And when you land in the water the wings fold up together to make a sail.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
I saw one a few months ago. Way cool. I don't think I would fly as high as they did in the promo, though.
Happy New Year to all!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I saw one a few months ago. Way cool. I don't think I would fly as high as they did in the promo, though.
Happy New Year to all!
Yes, it's a bit scary being up that high! But they say that altitude is your friend when flying. Kind of like being a mile off a lee shore, versus 10 yards.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Yes, it's a bit scary being up that high! But they say that altitude is your friend when flying. Kind of like being a mile off a lee shore, versus 10 yards.
Altitude AND speed. I don't know how fast these things are but they are not going 100+ knots. And, over mountains, yet. :yikes:
But, you might get a cushier landing.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Might be handy to get to the dingy dock when the place is full and you're forced to anchor out.
Then again, the drone conversations resulted in bearing arms commentary, so would this require deck guns?

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I saw this amphibian, big brother to the flying one, come crawling out of the water one day. The rear wheels are motor driven on land.IMG_2381.jpg

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Only if you’re wearing a parachute. None in evidence.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Good point about the chute.
A friend of mine has a great story about a raft dive he did long ago.
You realize as your altitude increases, the raft balloons up, so you let a measure of air out on the ascent.
On the descent, the raft starts to get flaccid, to where the thing will just fold up around you.
Launching a pilot chute from inside a clamshell...no thanks!