I saw this video... Northern sailors, take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
This is how I got my first taste of sailing. My friend got a sunfish for xmas. So the next day we took it to the Mississippi river for our first sail. After all it had an instruction book what could go wrong. Just a few ice flows to dodge. Amazing we didn't win a darwin award. But was hooked for life.

Jun 2, 2004
Several Catalinas C25/C320 USA
If you can keep the beer cold without using ice...it's tooooo cold to sail!

Nov 9, 2008
Pearson-O'Day 290 Portland Maine
Some things are nuts, some things are crazy . . . . that's just stupid. We have Frostbite Regattas up here, but it's on water. There's also ice sailing,at 50 MPH or better. That's cool. I'm all for fun and riding the edge, but stepping out onto thin ice? That is moronic. . . . get real. The taxpayers would have doled out big bucks to rescue the corpse.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
This video background looked familiar like it was in the Great South Bay and I've seen a lot of people trying to ice sail on 20 degree days and if you do fall in its about 2 to 3 ft near the shore so you'd survive.......in the middle of winter one has to feed the crave

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Fifty MPH sailing......and on the day I took the picture there were some folks with Hobie cats with make shift ski's attached

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.