I received this as a private msg. Is this still a thing?

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 33 Metedeconk River
A couple of years ago I got an email from my cousin's wife with almost the correct return email address. She said she was in the Philippines, which she was, and they wanted $10K for her to be returned. I called my cousin and asked if I should pay it. He said "definitely not" and so that was the end of that story.

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I've been getting a ton lately. I bought a domain name and an account to build my business web site recently and suddenly half of India wants to build my web pages for me. They all know my number since I had to register it with InterNic.
Many registrars provide an option to anonymize your info. The horse might be out of the barn but it might be worth looking into.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I kept getting a call from a "handicapped" person selling light bulbs. I finally just told them I was blind and didn't need light bulbs. Never called back.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do with regards to PM. We cannot access your account, and that is the way it should be. The only thing we can do is ban the perpetrator and you will have to clean up your PM folder.

Just so you know, I already claimed that prize so you guys just stay away from what's her name. She said the check was in the mail. I should have it in a fortnight or so.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Miss Michelle Darlington is Australian, not African. We've been looking in the wrong hemisphere this whole time. She apparently was a Master Chef, Australia contestant in 2005. This whole thing has been a sham.:(
Don, I don't think there ever was an inheritance. I don't think that check is going to be good. Sorry.
- Will (Dragonfly)