I need cockpit table plans

Jun 17, 2012
C&C 35 MKIII Manitowoc, WI
I have a Hunter 356. The original cockpit folding table is no longer with my boat. So since I’m a pretty accomplished DIY’er…I would like to build my own folding cockpit table. i want it to be permanent attached to my helm station. If any of you have done this ..or have plans -that would be so helpful and appreciated. I sail the Great Lakes. Thanks for your tie and effort. Jim and Kathy

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Recently measured a Hunter 356 cockpit folding table shown in the photo below. Table (King StarBoard Marina HDPE is my best guess) dimensions are: 24" long x 17" wide with 1.25" diameter stainless steel tubing 29.5" tall x 25" center to center. The stock table is free-standing, likely bolted to the cockpit floor (you can confirm that by removing the aft cabin ceiling cover), and as a result is very stable.
1645286096508.png

Of course, you can design your own to attach a bracket to the pedestal and and build out a folding one with retractable legs. Might have to remove the cup holder arm to attach the arm high. Edson and Defender sell cockpit table mounting hardware that might make the job easy. This thread offers some guidance on how to do that.

Last edited: