I am thinking about adding a curtain.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
to the area between the bulkheads that are the start of the hallway near the head. That way you could use that area as a dressing room when you have showered in the head. Has anyone done this? It smees like a realy easy project. I think that I will put the curtain on a bungie cord type hookup so it could be taken up and down easilly. I did see one Catalina 30 that had a folding door in that area that was similar to the folding door on the V-berth. Anyone have any suggestions?

Aug 31, 2007
Catalina 30 Petoskey, Mich.
Privacy ? on a boat ?

The cord thing would be easy, but how bad would you really need it? Ohyeah it's for that certian person that goes with you sometimes, they will get used to it!! The other thing it might do is keep you from spotting a full moon in the morning when you get up for coffee, by the person in the V berth, as those accordian doors suck. Enjoy Dean, www.blowinganddrifting@yahoo.com

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
Well....

I was going to make it removable so that it isn't there when I am on the hook and away from prying eyes. I back into my slip so it would allow me to keep the boat open while at the dock and I want to take a shower. That is all. I think that my wife would feel more comfortable with it there when we are on vacation in busy areas.

JIM B

Jun 27, 2006
Catalina 30 MKII ROOSEVELT AZ
MY 1989 C30 CAME WITH A CURTAIN

RIGHT WHERE YOU DESCRIBE. IT IS A FOLD UP DOOR LIKE THE V BERTH HAS. IT HANGS FROM A TRACK AND SNAPS OUT OF THE WAY. THE PO CUT A PIECE OF PIPE INSULATION THAT STAYS STUCK TO THE OVERHEAD SECTION THE TRACK IS MOUNTED ON. THIS PAD ELIMINATES THE PAIN WHEN YOU BANG YOUR HEAD ON IT. THE CURTAIN IS GOOD FOR SHUTTING OFF THE FORWARD PART OF THE BOAT WHEN ITS COLD AND YOU WANT TO HEAT JUST THE SALON. THE FOAM PAD IS FAR MORE USEFUL. GOOD LUCK.

Aug 31, 2007
Catalina 30 Petoskey, Mich.
Oh yeah, I forgot about backed into the slip

I always nose in so I hadn't thought about that part.

B

Bob

Good Idea

Despite that accordian door at the v-berth, which allows privacy, you still have to get there from the head. I like the idea of a privacy curtain at the bulkhead. Its all in the details though. Velcro fasteners for a quick up and down to an ornate sliding rig and fine fabric divider its all accroding to your tastes. I would best be served by a few velcro tabs (one at the mast post and the other at the window on the starboard side with a light but non-see-thru fabric to close off that area. All done? Take it down, fold it up, stow it for another day. Bob Sadly, Still on Lake Lanier

Status
Not open for further replies.