Hypalone Fabric and Glue

Mar 11, 2009
Hunter 40 Saint John
Hey Folks, I am looking where to purchase some Hypalone Fabric and Glue for a new to me Brig Inflatable Center Console I bought for an upgraded Dinghy.
I live on the east coast, and it seems the glue is hard to get sometimes here in Canada.
Has anyone had any luck
Thanks
Jan

Jan 15, 2021
Catalina 22 2313 Bowleys Quarters
Had to patch an inflatable with over 20 patches. Got the Patch Hypolon from Grainger. Did a deep dive on cement (glue) and settled on CLIFTON CEMENT. Google it. I don't remember where I got it. the patches worked perfectly.
Good luck! Chris (Bowleys Quarters Catalina)

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Hey Folks, I am looking where to purchase some Hypalone Fabric and Glue for a new to me Brig Inflatable Center Console I bought for an upgraded Dinghy.
I live on the east coast, and it seems the glue is hard to get sometimes here in Canada.
Has anyone had any luck
Thanks
Jan
Since you're already in Canada, you might try Aqua Services in Repentigny, just out of the Montreal island, 478 Notre-Dame St. (corner of Brien), Repentigny, J6A 2T5, Québec, Canada
Telephone : 450-582-5827
Fax : 450-582-5866
Toll free : 1-866-582-5827
info@aquaservices.net
They are a Brig dealer and have the necessary products for the inflatable besides being able to repair them . They are honest enough to tell you whether your dinghy is worth repairing or you'd be spending money foolishly. Good luck

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Had to patch some cuts (Oyster shells) on the bottom of an Achilles some years ago-1997 I think. I used 5200 and it's still there

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Have had excellent results with 5200.

I talked with 3m and they said it is OK to mix the black and white...you can custom tint your 5200 to match your dink. Assuming you have a grey dink.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Had a small leak in our Avon hypalon inflatable caused from dragging over a barnacle. Looked into doing the repair myself. Hard to find the adhesive kit with patch. Stuff is pricey. Gave up on the idea of doing it myself and took it to a local guy who does it for a business. His repair price was about equal to my cost to buy the material and do it myself. Using 3M-5200 as a repair makes sense. That did not cross my mind at the time. Thanks for the tip.

Oct 13, 2020
catalina C-22 4980 channel islands CA
If the holes are small this is what I use, sticks to pretty much anything,patches on the floor and tubes of my Avon Redcrest have lasted over 20 years, no need for hypalon patches just use the glue. I also use it on the finger tips of my dive gloves, it stays flexible and does not crack. It is called Aquaseal. You can find it on Amazon,Bass pro shops walmart etc. keep it in the freezer after opening and it wont dry out. That is also where I store all 3m products 5200 4200 etc.