Hydro Côte SR bottom paint will not mix

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
So I bought a new one gallon can of hydro Côte Sr about a week ago had it mixed in hopes that I would get a window of time to paint the bottom. Well as luck would have it this didn't happen, weather did not corporate. Second attempt was today.
I had the paint remixed just before I was about to start. Opened the can and the paint has small chunky globs of what appears to be unmixed paint sediment suspended in the paint can.
So I went back to the store and had them mix it again. Went back to the boat to paint and opened the now shaken twice paint and it still has chunky globs of paint in it. Now the store i originally purchased the paint from was now closed. I then went to a local paint store gave them a few bucks to shake it up again. Fifteen minutes on the shaker and still chunky globs in the paint.
Some of the chunks look to be from the sides of the can because they appear to be smooth.
I don't want to thin the paint out to see if thinning the paint will help the chunks desolve.
Conditions were within mfg specs and I've used this exact paint before with no issues.
I am planing to contact Pettit and the store on Monday, but that doesn't help me now.

Questions are
Has anyone ever had this happen?
Why will they not desolve back into the rest of the paint even after over fifteen minute on a shaker?
Can bottom paint go bad if it sits on a retailers shelf to long.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Did leave it in a garage or someplace it could freeze?

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
no was in my house until this morning,
Just don't get it.
Going to go to west marine tomorrow, hopefully they have a gallon so I can Finnish up and deal with the bad can later in the week.
Well that's plan B.

Nov 12, 2009
J/ 32 NCYC, Western Lake Erie
Without seeing it, I'd say dried paint from the side or top of the can has fallen into the paint. (Did you notice the same thing the first time you opened the can?) I've noticed the same thing after I've opened a partially used can of Hydrocoat. I would strain the paint through old nylons or a spray paint filter before using.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
West marine store manager is pretty awesome, I talked to him about this issue with the paint and he offered to exchange it even though I didn't purchase it there. He said that he would defect it out with his petit vendor, said all defective pitit products go back to the same distribution center regardless of where they are purchased. So that being said he would receive full credit or replacement. He said that I've been a customer with West marine for well over 25 years and spent thousands over the years. That being said long time customer has its privileges.

Anyway new can of paint, opened it up in the store, no issues.
Painted today, looks fine and ready to splash are soon as weather breaks.⛵⛵