Hunter vision in mast wires

P Lund

Feb 17, 2013
Hunter 32 Vision Charleston, Oregon
Good day. On my hunter vision - My mast head anchor light wire disappeared into my mast. Do the wires run in a conduit, or are they just free floating inside the mast?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
You should be able to find your boat manual in the archives. This will show what the interior of the mast looks like.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When the manual does not tell you, you can turn to inspection of the boat or boat parts.

The wires often run in a conduit (sometimes a pvc pipe) that it attached to the front of the mast. Look for a series of rivets or screws in a line down the mast. They are spaced on the mast. Often found above and below the spreaders.

You may see the conduit when looking into the mast near where wires/antenna wires enter the mast and at the base of the mast.

P Lund

Feb 17, 2013
Hunter 32 Vision Charleston, Oregon
I put a bore scope camera into main halyard mast hole. Looks like 3/4 in PVC. This might be a challenge to rectify!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Use smarts. Individual wire. I used a 3 wire. The green was ground for the other 2 wires. Using LED’s means small amps uses and a single ground works.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
There are a group of wires running from your DC panel to the Mast.

You may have to Step your mast per the Owner's manual

I down loaded that manual here.

32 Vision

Look at your mast base for the Maker and you can get a Cross section, if you can find the model number.
Sometimes the over all circumference will suffice.

Jim...