Hunter New White Gel Coat Match

Oct 28, 2019
Hunter 38 North Shore of Boston
Hey Guys,

I'm trying to fix some cracks on the transom where the swim ladder is attached that are starting to let some water in and was hoping to find a good match for the gel coat. My 2007 H38 is Spectrum New White according to the pdf on the Marlow Hunter website. Unfortunately, that product is only available in gallon sizes and I just will never have a need for that (even though I do plan on fixing a good amount of crazing I have going on at many of my stanchions).

Does anyone know of another brand that would be a decent match? I've heard lots about white gel coat being easy to match and that if I compound, buff & wax that it will disappear. I'm particularly interested in Total Boat since I can have it delivered in about a day. Anyones thoughts or experiences are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Take a look at Andy's youtube videos on color matching gelcoat:

Total Boat is a good product:

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
The gel coat that I purchased from the store here was a perfect match when I fixed some damage at the boarding ladder. 06 H33 (not too much sun degradation) It was available in a small jar, a couple or few oz.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Good to hear!! What product did you purchase as I need to do a small fiberglass repair?

Oct 28, 2019
Hunter 38 North Shore of Boston
The gel coat that I purchased from the store here was a perfect match when I fixed some damage at the boarding ladder. 06 H33 (not too much sun degradation) It was available in a small jar, a couple or few oz.
Do you have a picture of the jar or can by any chance?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I think I got like quart of it on the forum store a few years back.
Let me know how you make out and I need some too.
Nick

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The patch material will gel coat to dry in air but regular gel will need to have other ingredients added so a wax will raise to the top to form a barrier as gel coat alone will not cure in exposure to air