Hunter Legend 37.5 - Washdown pump installation

Maraj

Oct 21, 2017
Hunter 1993 Legend 37.5 Georgian Bay
I am looking to install a wash downpump a on a 1993 Hunter Legend 37.5 boat as I often anchor in areas where there is mud. I am looking for an answer from someone has specifically installed a washdown pump on a Hunter Legend 37.5. I understand what needs to be done, however, what I need help with is understanding the path for running the hose to/from the pump to the anchor locker area. I have an unused thru-hull in the head area. If absolutely necessary, I am prepared to install a thru-hull somewhere between the anchor locker and the head. Trying not to re-invent the wheel here. Thank you, Raj

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Hi Raj, while not a Hunter I did the same thing on our Beneteau. I’ve T-d off the heads sink drain to run the hose to the anchor locker. Using your spare through hull should work fine.

Jul 31, 2020
Hunter 460 Annapolis
Hi Raj, while not a Hunter I did the same thing on our Beneteau. I’ve T-d off the heads sink drain to run the hose to the anchor locker. Using your spare through hull should work fine.
Hi Michael,
Interesting concept here and was considering tee-ing into this myself. Do you not suck air through the sink drain when the pump is running? Or do you put a stopper in the drain when using the wash down? thanks.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Hi Michael,
Interesting concept here and was considering tee-ing into this myself. Do you not suck air through the sink drain when the pump is running? Or do you put a stopper in the drain when using the wash down? thanks.
I’ll put the stopper in if I remember but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. The T is as close to the through hull as I could get it.