Hunter Legend 37.5 (1992) mattresses dimensions

Apr 20, 2018
Hunter Legend 37.5 City Island
Hi all!

I'm trying to get my Hunter Legend 27.5 from 1992 down from New York to New Orleans, but I need new mattresses for both forward and aft berths. Unfortunately I don't have access to the boat to measure, so I was wondering if anybody happens to have the dimensions of the mattresses at hand? I scoured the internet, but came up empty handed.

Thanks!

Wouter

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
If you want a custom mattress suggest contacting the links below. Yacht Bedding has made them for many Hunter sailboats and may have already made one for a Legend 37.5. Another option is to purchase a king size 6-8 inch thick memory foam mattress without springs, cut to fit with an eclectic knife then make a cover for it. That is what we did on our Hunter 386 since it was good value for money.

Apr 20, 2018
Hunter Legend 37.5 City Island
Thanks for the reply! I'll give yachtbedding.com a try! I could make it myself for sure, but I would still need the dimensions :)

Feb 21, 2013
You will likely feel better if you measure it yourself and provide the mattress fabricator with all the dimensions they require, otherwise if it does not fit correctly that $2000+ expenditure might hurt.............ouch.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
This might justify a quick trip to New York to inspect and prepare the boat prior to the trip.

Mar 16, 2021
Hunter Legend 37.5 Lake Huron
Sorry I just realized I hit the wrong number, it`s 70 not 80 inches on the short side.