Hunter H26 Where's the ballast pump?

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
I can hear the ballast pump when I press the 'manual' switch, but I don't know where it is located. Also, I am assuming that the pump doesn't pump out the water ballast tank, but pumps out a regular ballast area, is that correct?

May 31, 2004
-Hunter 23.5 Sandusky, OH
Looking at the owne’s manual, it looks to be under the aft birth, on the centerline. If you flip the switch to ”manual” you should be able to hear it.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
You can always rely on the knowledge that the bilge pump's intake and float switch will be at the lowest point in the boat. Other pump sounds can come from your freshwater supply pump, which is often set up to respond to changes in pressure (like when you turn the faucet on) or if it's a pressure tank system, to manage that. But find your bilge pump switch first. Put it on manual. The follow the wires. Next look for the water pump switch on your elec panel.... that's something I turn off when I leave the boat... the whole panel, I mean. The bilge pump will be on a dedicated circuit. If you haven't already made one and you don't have the owner's manual... start sketching your wiring system as you explore. Most boats will have I.D. tags on the various wires at strategic locations.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
When I had the Slickcraft I was looking for the fresh water pump. I could hear it run but it wasn't under the sink, or in the head. I couldn't follow the wiring. Finally someone with the same boat pulled up on his waterski and kept telling me how much he loved the boat. First thing I said was "Do you know where the fresh water pump is." He did. It was under the aft berth and you needed to remove the plywood panel to access it. Who knew?

Sep 21, 2020
Hunter 26 Lake Mead
Let’s start off which boat do you have and then I will respond
The boat model is in the title, Hunter H26, 1998 to be exact. I wish I could change the title from 'ballast' to 'bilge'. I think I've watched one too many submarine movies :)

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The water ballast tank is gravity fed when placed in the water. This is achieved by unscrewing the the valve under the step on the left when looking inside or on the starboard. There is a plug or bail plug on the other side that you lift the handleto loosen and pull out to allow air to enter when emptying the water ballast tank or venting out while filling the waterballast tank. Below the rear berth on starboard side is a bilge pump to electrically operate two ways in case the boat starts to take on water. First is a float switch and second by throwing a switch found on the distribution panel found inside starboard wall behind galley. There is no pump to put in or take out water from the waterballast tank installed on the boat

Ajp

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter marine 270 Merrick
Some have put a pump in the ballast tank to facilitate emptying. Alan