Hunter Combination Steaming/Anchor Masthead Light Replacement

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
The light at the top of my Hunter 2000 340 mast needs total replacement, lenses are shot, light barely shines through them. I've read it is an Aqua Signal 40 series, but I can't find the replacement. I'm not looking to rewire the mast, so I don't want to install a separate steaming light on the front of the mast or a combination masthead running light, the boat has running lights on the bow and stern pulpits. Just want to do a like for like replacement with a combination anchor/steaming light. So many Hunters with this goofy light, there has to be a replacement available somewhere.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
A search showed the light you have was discontinued by Aqua Signal. There is a series 34 in LED that gives you an equivalent mast head configuration. The case is black not white.

Mar 27, 2021
Hunter 306 Lake Pepin
It looks like the Aqua Signal 34 as well as the 40 tri-color lights may have been discontinued. I had a hard time finding the Aqua Signal bow navigation light recently as well. It seems like they're discontinuing a lot of their sailing oriented nav lights.

As far as led lights, I found a Marinebeam substitute at LED Tri-Color Navigation Light with Anchor Light Stack (marinebeam.com) which has a nice photosensor option for automatic on/off at dusk/dawn.
The other one is the Hella 002984601 which looks like you can find at lots of places.

I'm not sure if either of those works for your situation, but might be worth a look.