Hunter 49 - Shower Seat (Guest Shower)

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
Another upgrade that my wife wanted was to add a teak shower seat like the one in the master cabin shower. I believe some 49's have a teak seat in the guest cabin shower but mine did not. I purchased a teak shower mat on Amazon (TeakCraft) that I just had to trim the width to make work. I attached it using hinges on the front edge to hold it in place and so it could be flipped up to allow for cleaning. Attached are pictures in case anyone is interested in the same or similar modification/upgrade.Shower Seat Before Teak.jpgTeak Seat Flip Up.jpgTeak Seat Hinges.jpgTeak Seat Top View.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
I did the opposite sort of ... I put the forward one on hinges so I could get it out of the way by folding it up; but, still be available if I want to sit while showering in rough seas

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
That's a good idea too! Get's the seat up and out of the way, as it is a bit tight in the forward shower stall.

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
I did the opposite sort of ... I put the forward one on hinges so I could get it out of the way by folding it up; but, still be available if I want to sit while showering in rough seas
@tkwhalen I’m going to do the same in my forward shower. Did you mount the hinges along the side, so it flips back towards the port wall? Or on the side so it flips up towards the back wall in the direction of the stern with a latch? Do you mind sharing a pic if you have one?

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Hinges are in the back and it flips up to the port side of the boat. I was thinking a latch may be need but in the end it stays up fine with out a latch. I am currently out of the country but will send pictures when I return and go to the boat.

Daze

Dec 16, 2019
Hunter 49 Marblehead, MA
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to send these pics. Confirms how I thought you did it based on your description.