hunter 49 power in the UK?

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
Hi, were currently in the Azores and are soon to sail up to the UK where the shore power is 220v and I'm not sure yet what amperage. the 49 has a 50amp plug that I think comes into the boat @ 220v. I'm pretty sure they use a different frequency.
Can anyone give me a heads up on using UK dock power?

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
If you can source out an adapter everything should work the Hertz will just make your pump and AC unit spin slower but curious as to everything there is 220 volt and you are gonna try and use one leg of there voltage to run one ac unit may trip pedestal breaker if they have gfci protection look into a multi tap isolation transformer in a size 25 kilowatt where u can take there 50amp 220 and turn into your 120volt

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
If you can source out an adapter everything should work the Hertz will just make your pump and AC unit spin slower but curious as to everything there is 220 volt and you are gonna try and use one leg of there voltage to run one ac unit may trip pedestal breaker if they have gfci protection look into a multi tap isolation transformer in a size 25 kilowatt where u can take there 50amp 220 and turn into your 120volt
16 Amp, 240 Volt, 50 Hertz and 32 Amp, 240 Volt, 50 Hertz. Suggest checking with the induvial marina you plan to visit to confirm amperage and adapter type but these articles will give you an idea: Marine Shore Power – 15/20/30/50 Amps, 120/240 Volts, Adaptors and https://www.beacontechnology.com/PDF/Electrical-Voltage-International.pdf
thanks for the info, much appreciated, I'll take a read

Zencra

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 49 Melbourne
we do have an isolation transformer fitted, I've just never really looked into what it does apart from "cleaning" the shore power.