HUNTER 49/50 Fischer Panda 12 Mini Generator noise

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
When the generator is running I am getting a constant "ticking" noise most noticeable in the aft starboard cabin (especially when the floor hatch is removed), or when accessing the aft engine access from the hanging locker. The noise appears to be coming out of the water separator. I do not hear the noise coming directly from the generator, even when the generator is running with the noise covers removed.

Does anyone have a similar issue?
Any thoughts on a remedy?

I have thought of running the generator with the seacock directly under the water separator closed, but I know the water separator acts as the "loop" for the water lift muffler so I don't think it's a good idea.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
Thank you Icebreaker & scottdube, you were 100% correct. I can't believe it never dawned on me that it was the fuel pump. Now I wonder if I can deaden the sound without causing the pump to overheat or replace with a non-ticking pump?

Artboas, someone is always mad at me, I have a wife!

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
I don't hear mine when the genset is running. Is yours located in the cabin somewhere?

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie
Mine makes the same clicking noise when i asked a mechanic why so loud he said sounds like a small amount of air was getting in some where and suggested I check the fuel filter housing and connections for any small air leaks. I checked and found a slight fuel leak around the lid which I corrected but it is still clicking about the same as before.