Hunter 460 Companion way Sliding glass top removal.

Sep 29, 2026
4
Hunter 460 Fort Myers
anyone out there ever remove the companion way sliding Glass door/hatch? We just bought our Hunter 460 and this thing is scratched up bad. Id like to remove it and get a new one made. My fear is the slide stops are under the Hood and there is no way to access unless that is removed. Hopefully the slide keepers just need to be removed and the glass can be lifted up and slide out at an angle to get the stops under the hood! HELP!!
 
Jun 14, 2007
185
Hunter 45cc Florida
It is not that hard just remove the screws. On mine there was only caulk around screw holes. I had a problem with the dorado vents. One was cut too low and when the boat was bow heavy water would flow into the cabin. When I put the hood back on I caulked the entire seam
 
  • Like
Likes: Carollyn
Sep 29, 2026
4
Hunter 460 Fort Myers
Really appreciate your time and reply. Only screws I see are in the rails that capture the sliding glass. I was hoping just to pull those rails and lift up on the glass piece at an angle that would allow an angle to slip the stops under the hood. I dont have any visible screws around the Hood, just sealed seams and I am not disturbing that.
 
Jan 1, 2006
8,110
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I go by the rule that someone put it together so you can take it apart. That rule doesn't apply to you being able to put it together again.
You may be well served by hiring a professional.
The glass may be polish-able. There are kits for polishing aircraft windshields or possibly varying grits of compound (Read the labels carefully).
 
  • Like
Likes: Carollyn
Sep 29, 2026
4
Hunter 460 Fort Myers
Thank you good Sir for the reply. and I have done just that, ordered sanding and polishing items. that "I" can do and will enjoy. just to see if it works I also order self-healing, water resistant PPF sheet. Maybe? it will last or it wont. but easy to apply. Nothing wrong with it, just old and scratched up. just got the boat so we are trying to fix it up. Down to the detail work to me her pretty.