Hunter 44DS Configurations

Jun 10, 2006
Hunter 41DS Massapequa
Hi:

I am interested in buying a Hunter 44DS so if anyone would like to sell their's just send me an email at rayjanine@aol.com. I am also interested in the changes to the 44DS over time. It is my understanding that the 2006 and 2007 are the only years that Hunter put in fixed hull ports in the salon area. Is that correct? Also, what do other Hunter 44DS owners think about not having those windows? Do you miss them or are they really not at a great spot anyway and missing them is no big deal?

How is the V berth upfront in lieu of the Pullman berth? Is there enough room for two? I am 6ft and my wife is 5'4". Was the Pullman berth an option vs the V berth and if so, what year has the pullman berth?

is there anything I should be concerned with in buying a 44DS? Are there any recalls that i should be inquiring about such as the Selden recall?

Is the aft cabin height above the berth adequate? Did the cockpit change over time to give later model 44DSs more head room in the aft berth?

Thank you so much in advance for helping me pick my next boat in an informed manner.

Ray Reinhardt

Jun 12, 2014
Hi:

I am interested in buying a Hunter 44DS so if anyone would like to sell their's just send me an email at rayjanine@aol.com. I am also interested in the changes to the 44DS over time. It is my understanding that the 2006 and 2007 are the only years that Hunter put in fixed hull ports in the salon area. Is that correct? Also, what do other Hunter 44DS owners think about not having those windows? Do you miss them or are they really not at a great spot anyway and missing them is no big deal?

How is the V berth upfront in lieu of the Pullman berth? Is there enough room for two? I am 6ft and my wife is 5'4". Was the Pullman berth an option vs the V berth and if so, what year has the pullman berth?

is there anything I should be concerned with in buying a 44DS? Are there any recalls that i should be inquiring about such as the Selden recall?

Is the aft cabin height above the berth adequate? Did the cockpit change over time to give later model 44DSs more head room in the aft berth?

Thank you so much in advance for helping me pick my next boat in an informed manner.

Ray Reinhardt
Ray, check with GreatBlueYachts.com in georgetown, maryland. They have a 44DS available. Listed at 175k. it's a nice boat, was on it in june.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Hi:

My 44DS was built in 2007 and she does not have fixed ports in the saloon other than the DS ports.

V-berth is huge. Plenty of room for 2.

Selden US is great on the mast recall. They will know whether yours was done. There were 1 or 2 others you can check out on the Hunter web page. Didn't affect me.

Headroom is fine for me at 5-10 in the aft cabin. You must duck in some areas but there are two areas where you can stand up straight to dress. Later 45 DS models have less headroom in the saloon though.

I love the boat and have not had any issues at all in 7 years.

Ray Reinhardt
See answers above in bold.

Mar 23, 2013
Hunter 44DS Lake Macquarie
I have a 2003 model 44DS with the Pullman Berth, great room. My front bathroom has been converted to a laundry with twin tub washing machine. Makes a great storage room for wet gear etc. My aft cabin has the bed running across the room, give it great head room. I don't have the fixed ports in cabin. I'm not selling mine I love her Cheers

Jun 18, 2013
Hunter 44DS East Greenwich, RI
I am also planning to buy a 44ds but not for a while yet. They seem ideal for live-aboard which I plan to do. Winter in the Bahamas and summer in Maine. I'm about 5 years away. Will follow postings to this thread with interest. Hope you find the boat of your dreams.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
you know that if you go up to the Boat Info tab you can go to owner reviews?