Hunter 43 Legend skylight windows

Oct 8, 2023
Hunter Legend 43 Foss Harbor Marina
Hello all!

Admin, please help if this is in the wrong spot, as its partially an item that may be for sale?

New to the forum, Hunter owner for a few years now, life long sailor.

Im currently working on making a heat forming jig for the skylight windows on our 43 legend, Muse. Im wondering if there is anyone else that may be needing skylight windows for their 43 or 430? I dont know if other hunter skylights use the same profiles? I just want to put it out there that i may be a source.

Ive 3d scanned Muse, am working on the jig, and will be forming windows out of 1/2" polycarbonate to install this coming summer. After im done with the forming jig it will be available for other boats who may need windows.

Side note, i cut the middle section out of Muse's window. As a passionate sailor, i could not stand for the amount of friction that the deflection bar under the window was creating. Sacrificing function for aesthetics is a sin in my books. Our panoramic window is two separate pieces.

If anyone else is interested i will be sure to make the jig out of marine grade ply and will reinforce it for multiple uses.

Thanks!

Andrew
Screenshot 2023-10-08 at 20-55-55 windows Part Studio 1.png

• Wow
Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Hello all!

Admin, please help if this is in the wrong spot, as its partially an item that may be for sale?

New to the forum, Hunter owner for a few years now, life long sailor.

Im currently working on making a heat forming jig for the skylight windows on our 43 legend, Muse. Im wondering if there is anyone else that may be needing skylight windows for their 43 or 430? I dont know if other hunter skylights use the same profiles? I just want to put it out there that i may be a source.

Ive 3d scanned Muse, am working on the jig, and will be forming windows out of 1/2" polycarbonate to install this coming summer. After im done with the forming jig it will be available for other boats who may need windows.

Side note, i cut the middle section out of Muse's window. As a passionate sailor, i could not stand for the amount of friction that the deflection bar under the window was creating. Sacrificing function for aesthetics is a sin in my books. Our panoramic window is two separate pieces.

If anyone else is interested i will be sure to make the jig out of marine grade ply and will reinforce it for multiple uses.

Thanks!

Andrew View attachment 220499
Not meaning to dissuade you…
Have you checked with SBO??
Their suppliers are offering custom windshields for prior Hunter models
I know someone who bought one last year

• Helpful