Hunter 41ds sewer tank

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I've got the same crap on my holding tank. No, no, no I mean really cheap sealant not :poop:. Absolutely useless as pipe dope as it turns to powder with age. Violates the most basic requirement of any pipe thread sealant.

When it comes time to replace your old sanitary hoses, do yourself a favour and re-seal all the screwed tank fittings with teflon tape first followed with a smear of Permatex #2.

Attachments

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Forget the Permatex or any other sealant all that's needed is plenty of Teflon tape on threaded end of thread/barb tank fittings...nothing except a little dishwashing liquid to lubricate hose connections. Inspection ports, including tank level indicators, should be secured with screws and rubber gaskets (easy to make....rubber gasket material is readily available from any hardware store), NO sealant. Replace o-rings on caps.

--Peggie

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
If you are talking about the WEMA level gauge, it was an bad attempt at resealing from the outside.
This is the kit or easy fix from Wema.
SHS Adapter | Stainless Steel Adapter Accessory | KUS USA

But you only need the gasket, which you can buy separately.
The Gasket seals the adapter to the tank. Telfon tape seals the sensor to the adapter.

Here is what it looks like as a full unit.
Holding Tank Level Sender - SHS/SHST | Water Tanks | KUS USA

_____
To remove or clean the sensor, you clean off the crap on the outside and use a simple wrench, on the part that shows ...

SHS 12

on the top.

The sensor is screwed into the mounting bracket.
Jim...