Hunter 410, 1999/Freezer

Jun 19, 2004
- - Tolchester Marina, MD
It seems like I have to replace my evaporator plate do to a small leak. I have an Adler Barber Compressor air cooled. I was told that the dividing wall between the freezer and the refrigerator has to be removed in order to get the evaporator ( U-shape ) in to the box. I think this does not make any sense. Is anybody out there had this done and can tell me for sure that the evaporate plate can be inserted in the freezer box without taken the dividing wall out?

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
I don't know the answer. Bit would seem that if your current is bad you HAVE to replace it. So you may as well see if you can get the old one out of the box though the lid. If you can get the old one out I would think you get the new one in

Nov 9, 2004
Hunter Passage 420 Rock Hall, MD
Wolf
That shouldn't be the case if yours is anything like ours. Most of the 410's are set up the same way as the 420's. We just replaced our plate due to small leak and it wasn't a big deal. Ours is also a U shaped plate, but even if it wasn't, by removing the pull up lid you will have complete acess to the interior of the freezer. I had to remove the shelf above the freezer and fridg which also wasn't hard. It is just held togetegher with screws. That allowed me to lift the cover all the way up to get to the lid piano hinge after removing the gas piston. I did all the prep work and then had someone do the install and charge. Since you are in our neck of the woods, I would be happy to give you his name or if you have any question just PM me.