HUNTER 41 DIRECT TOILET DISCHARGE QUESTION

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
On my hunter 41 i do not have a valve for direct discharge of the front toilet waste, but i have a manual were is show?
Was this an option?
Do i need another true hull to make a direct discharge or what ?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Different model boat here, but does your boat have a macerator pump to discharge the holding tank overboard like ours? On our boat with two electric toilets, both discharge to the holding tank. To empty the tank I can either pump out through the deck fitting, or discharge overboard via the macerator pump and through hull valve. Our boat has no valve to bypass the toilet bowl contents directly overboard.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I believe most overboard plumbing was dealer-installed. My aft head has an overboard option that was dealer installed. My forward head has none, going directly to the holding tank.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Unless I'm missing something, adding the ability to flush that toilet directly overboard shouldn't be that hard to do: put a y-valve in the toilet discharge line and run a line off of it to tee into the same thru-hull used to dump the tank.

--Peggie

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
On my hunter 41 i do not have a valve for direct discharge of the front toilet waste, but i have a manual were is show?
Was this an option?
Do i need another true hull to make a direct discharge or what ?
It only had the overboard option on the non-US models. You of course can add, but it is just as easy to just use the system as is and pump out the tank as needed.