Hunter 41 dinette table doesn't lower enough for a berth

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Hi - has anyone had this problem - a Hunter 41, 2003 - tried to lower the dinette table to set up another berth. The table raises and lowers on two posts after loosening two knobs under the table. Unfortunately, it doesn't go down quite far enough to sit flush with the seats. Was wondering if anyone has solved this problem. I was thinking to hacksaw off about 3/4 of an inch off the two posts. Ideas/experience/suggestions ?

Oct 28, 2019
Hunter 38 North Shore of Boston
I have a 2007 38 and the posts actually go all the way through the cabin sole and rest on a stringer. I’ve noticed one of mine can raise up off the stringer sometimes and needs to be adjusted. It’s on my list of things to look into a little more but I don’t typically use the table for a berth anyways.

Take a look at the bottom of the post and see if there is a gap and how it could be adjusted. It could be a much easier fix than shortening it.

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Well - tried everything - you can't set the poles lower into the floor, can't cut the poles because the gas cylinder inside won't fit and you cant adjust the cylinder - so - guess it's on to another project

MFD

Jun 23, 2016
Hunter 41DS Seattle
I was doing some cleaning and center cushions (from the factory) on my Hunter 41DS are slightly thinner.