Hunter 386 Cockpit Conduit to Nav Station run

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 386 Lake St. Clair
Guys, looking at doing some wiring over the winter. Looking at running from the cockpit to the Nav station breaker panel. located the flexible conduit that runs from the port aft locker. See picture. Does it run in the headliner? I took a picture with the breaker panel dropped down, but don't see the conduit. Maybe it's above the slot where all the wires are dropping down from? See pictures.

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Between the cockpit and the navigation station the wires reportedly (page 64F of the manual) run through a 1.5" PVC chase tube on the port side and not over the headliner. Hope that helps.

1636552174291.png

Sep 11, 2019
Thanks, I have the owner manual but it does not show where it comes out. There's a cover on the headline above the nav station. I'll remove it and see if it pops out there.

JimP

Dec 26, 2014
Hunter 386 Barnegat Bay, NJ
Gary, in my 2003 H386, that tube is so full it was unusable. I was able to use an electric fish tape and get a pull string next to that tube. Where you are looking up behind the electrical panel is just a hole in the top shelf. Remove the plastic trim cover above the shelf above the panel, and you will see the wires come through and go up from there to the other end of the tube you pictured in the port
IMG_0019.jpg
lazarette.

Jan 20, 2020
Hunter H336 Milwaukee
It looks like there is piece of webbing running through - that may be a messenger line. if you pull it through, make sure you send a new one with the wire for next time.

On my 336, it was so full I had to use a fishing tape over the top of the bathroom headliner, through the wet hanging locker and then through the aft stateroom (above the headliner) to get to the rear lazarette

Sep 11, 2019
Hey Guys, sorry for the late response. Got my USB and Solar cables run from the cockpit to the breaker panel. Wasn't too bad. Not a lot of room left in the conduit, but it did what I needed. We now have USB/cigar lighter at Cockpit and Solar panels on our bimini.