Hunter 38 Fixed Portlight Shade

jemill

Apr 15, 2012
Hunter Legend 37.5 Annapolis
Hello All,
While opening my 2006 Hunter 38 for the season, my well meaning daughter washed one of the snap on portlight covers overboard. I don't know what to call this cover and start a search for a replacement. The boat has two non-opening portlights on the deck with snap on sun shades. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe and has a name that I can search for, it would be appreciated. If you know where to get replacements, even better!

Thanks in advance.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Not sure...
If it was made of canvas (sunbrella) and snapped onto the side of the cabin,
I don't think they are mass produced. It was probably custom made by a
previous owner at a local canvas shop.
There are pics in the meta-verse of boats with similar installed, I just don't know where to start looking either.
Do you have a pic of another that's on your boat now?

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
Hello All,
While opening my 2006 Hunter 38 for the season, my well meaning daughter washed one of the snap on portlight covers overboard. I don't know what to call this cover and start a search for a replacement. The boat has two non-opening portlights on the deck with snap on sun shades. If anyone knows what I'm trying to describe and has a name that I can search for, it would be appreciated. If you know where to get replacements, even better!

Thanks in advance.
If you are referring to the white mesh covers that snap over the portlights in the main deck, they are available on the SBO site at Hunter 38 windshield covers
I had to replace mine some years ago when they deteriorated due to sun light. What I did was order them without snaps and then used my own snap set to install the snaps to match the ones in the deck.
was not a difficult job.

• Helpful

jemill

Apr 15, 2012
Hunter Legend 37.5 Annapolis
If you are referring to the white mesh covers that snap over the portlights in the main deck, they are available on the SBO site at Hunter 38 windshield covers
I had to replace mine some years ago when they deteriorated due to sun light. What I did was order them without snaps and then used my own snap set to install the snaps to match the ones in the deck.
was not a difficult job.
Perfect. Thank you!