Hunter 37.5 stern pole location

Mar 17, 2021
Hunter 37.5 Keyport
Searched extensively trying to find pictures of Scanstrut (or any other pole mount with self leveling top) installed on the stern of Hunter 37.5, but came up with nothing. If anyone has installed a pole on this specific model and can share a picture, that would be awesome!
(picture of the stern of my H37.5)
1616036830512.png

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
In over 30 years, I have had two stern pole mounted radar transmitters. In both cases, I never was at a degree of heel that I lost image at the typical operating range. So, I guess what I am saying, is to re-examine your priorities in this instance. Regardless, good luck in whatever you decide.

Mar 17, 2021
Hunter 37.5 Keyport
In over 30 years, I have had two stern pole mounted radar transmitters. In both cases, I never was at a degree of heel that I lost image at the typical operating range. So, I guess what I am saying, is to re-examine your priorities in this instance. Regardless, good luck in whatever you decide.
Appreciate your advise, I went over all of the self-leveling vs. non-self-leveling discussions, and I'm still open to both. My question here is not so much about what's at the top of the pole, but about the bottom... where exactly is it attached to the stern and what hardware is used if it's a DIY version.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37.5 Jacksonville FL
Searched extensively trying to find pictures of Scanstrut (or any other pole mount with self leveling top) installed on the stern of Hunter 37.5, but came up with nothing. If anyone has installed a pole on this specific model and can share a picture, that would be awesome!
(picture of the stern of my H37.5)
View attachment 191695
Installed 2 1/2 inch stern pole on my 37.5 on the lowest step of the starboard outboard swim platform. Works just fine.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
On my Vision 32, I mounted it about a foot up from the starboard hatch, using a 90 degree S/S mount backed by a S/S backing plate held in place for assembly by 5200. S/S fabrication from a machine shop and the pole was Garhauer. The pole on my 40.5 was there when I got it 21 years ago and I was told it was custom from Garhauer. It is backed by marine ply. It is S/S and in a nice piece although anodized aluminum might be better from a weight standpoint. Unfortunately, I have no digital photo of the Vision install.
Image08.jpg
AA2 in Shoreline 2021.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Do an internet search on "Scanstrut stern radar pole mount images". I also had a fixed mount stern radar pol on my Hunter 31 and it worked just fine. Last 2 sailboats and powerboats have had a mast radar.