Hunter 340 running rigging. Which table is correct?

Feb 3, 2019
Hunter 340 Fort Lauderdale
I own a 2001 340 and am looking to replace some worn out lines. I found two tables for running rigging and they have differences in size/length on some of the lines (Main Halyard is 3/8" Table 1 and 7/16" Table 2, also difference in Jib Sheets). I am not sure which is correct. The tables are dated the same month (19 days apart). Any help clarifying would be appreciated.

Running rigging table 1.JPG
Running rigging table 2.JPG

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
The first two tables are for the standard flaking main sail vs. in-mast furling main sail. The third table appears to be the latest for the flaking main, and has corrections newer than my page 46 which also shows that main halyard increased in diameter from 3/8 to 7/16 in 1997. I don't even have a 46A

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
Steven,
On my 2000 340 I used your page 46A as my reference. Started replacing my lines in 2016 and finished in 2017. I did find that my original Boom Vang and Topping Lift lines were to short and added 8 feet to the Vang line. And 3 feet to the Topping Lift Line.
Other than that the tables were very accurate. I just couldn‘t tie off the Topping lift with the length of line it came with, but lived with it. And the Vang line was just short of the cockpit to be easily adjusted.
I did change the colors of a couple of the lines, but thats just a personal preference.
The whole job was easy enough to do and didn’t require going up the mast. Just do some smooth but tight sewing of the old lines to the new and gentle pulling and the job is easy.

Feb 3, 2019
The first two tables are for the standard flaking main sail vs. in-mast furling main sail. The third table appears to be the latest for the flaking main, and has corrections newer than my page 46 which also shows that main halyard increased in diameter from 3/8 to 7/16 in 1997. I don't even have a 46A
Thank you Ed.

Feb 3, 2019
Steven,
On my 2000 340 I used your page 46A as my reference. Started replacing my lines in 2016 and finished in 2017. I did find that my original Boom Vang and Topping Lift lines were to short and added 8 feet to the Vang line. And 3 feet to the Topping Lift Line.
Other than that the tables were very accurate. I just couldn‘t tie off the Topping lift with the length of line it came with, but lived with it. And the Vang line was just short of the cockpit to be easily adjusted.
I did change the colors of a couple of the lines, but thats just a personal preference.
The whole job was easy enough to do and didn’t require going up the mast. Just do some smooth but tight sewing of the old lines to the new and gentle pulling and the job is easy.
Thank you. I will go with the info in 46A. Thanks for the additional advice on length and replacement splice...