Hunter 34 Pedestal Cupholder/Instrument Mount

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
On our H-34, the PO fabricated a handy plastic cupholder that is clamped to the wheel pedestal. In addition to holding 4 cups it also serves as a mounting place for a flip-up cockpit table. Lastly, our wheel pilot housing is also secured to this piece of plastic. Recently the plastic cracked and we have to find a replacement for the entire assembly. We are currently investigating having one fabricated by a local plastics shop but wondering if any H-34 owners have come across either better custom solutions or something standard I can purchase.

Attachments

May 9, 2020
Hunter Legend 37 Harrison Twp, MI
Recommended material is King Starboard. I remade a drink-holder/binnacle pod over the winter. Was really easy to work with, just basic wood-working tools cut it well.

I actually just bolted it on today, and installed the GPS (after the pic). I included a 12v cigarette lighter-type port, 2-USB plugs, and a simple voltage gauge.

Original Post - including pictures to compare to original

Attachments

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
Recommended material is King Starboard. I remade a drink-holder/binnacle pod over the winter. Was really easy to work with, just basic wood-working tools cut it well.

I actually just bolted it on today, and installed the GPS (after the pic). I included a 12v cigarette lighter-type port, 2-USB plugs, and a simple voltage gauge.

Original Post - including pictures to compare to original
Nice, thanks