Hunter 33.5 Salon Cabinets

TeamG

Apr 19, 2020
Hunter 33.5 Dallas, TX
Hello Everyone!

I’m interested in replacing the old hull liner on my newly acquired Hunter 33.5’ while I’m waiting for the new cushions to be built and restoring a few other interior items. Any suggestions on how to remove the upper cabinets on both the port and starboard side? I’ve inspected them but don’t see any visible bolts or screws attaching them to the hull but they appear to be quite secure. It would be much easier to replace the hull liner with these out of the way of course. Thank you!

Attachments

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Hold on a sec...
Since you're gonna replace the liner anyway, take a pen knife or a stitch puller tool or a cork screw and try to pull up an "edge" of the liner from around the cabinets.
I think the cabinets are tabbed to the hull... They couldn't do that with the liner in between.
Just a thought. :)

TeamG

Apr 19, 2020
Hunter 33.5 Dallas, TX
Hold on a sec...
Since you're gonna replace the liner anyway, take a pen knife or a stitch puller tool or a cork screw and try to pull up an "edge" of the liner from around the cabinets.
I think the cabinets are tabbed to the hull... They couldn't do that with the liner in between.
Just a thought. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. You think the liner was cut around the cabinets when it was installed? If that’s the case it would make replacing the liner quite a chore and leaves little room for error. I’ll have to take a longer look at it tomorrow. Cheers!

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
Not sure, but it needs to be verified one way or the other.
Have fun!