Hunter 33.5 fuel tank access...

calvin

Jul 30, 2019
Hunter 335 Port Orchard
The fuel tank on my Hunter 33.5 is in the bottom of the back lazarette under the batteries- making access to the fuel shutoff valve and tank plumbing difficult. I've read a few threads from folks who have had to replace the tank and have done so by cutting an access panel in the stern bulkhead of the rear berth. Doesn't look like my tank needs a replacement (yet), but I'm thinking of cutting such a panel so I can access the plumbing and inspect the tank. Does anyone have a picture of an access panel they've cut in their boat?

Thx...

Calvin

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I had an ‘88 hunter 33.5 years ago. The stbd lazarette is huge, same as my current boat. My present boat has a Factory installed removable panel to allow access from the aft berth to the lazarette. I estimated the panel size at 2’x2’.
I added a vent as I have an air handler on a shelf in the lazarette that supplies A/C into the aft berth. The cold air duct is not visible in the photos; the white vent that I installed on the removable panel serves as a return air vent for the air handler in the lazarette that is fairly air tight.

Attachments

Last edited: