Hunter 310 Diesel Generator Advice ... Want to add one

Nov 4, 2010
Hunter 310 Lighthouse Landing Resort and Marina
I would like to install a diesel genny on my Hunter 310. I have seen same model for sale that list them, and as I have added a Mermaid AC w/heat, and found lots of postings that helped in making the right choices. I have had no luck finding any manufacturer or installation guides, diagrams or help at all for generators.
I have a couple years before we start cruising with her, but I really want a reliable built-in genny. Anyone who has a 310 with a genny, or has added one to theirs, I would really appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance.
Fair winds

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
i dont have a 310 but if you are looking at gen sets look for one that runs 1800 rpm not 3600 you will be glad you did........

Johann

Jun 3, 2004
Leopard 39 Pensacola
I would look at a NextGen 3.5 http://www.nextgenerationpower.com/3kwmarine.html
I have had one on my 336 for 2 years and I am very happy with it. It is compact and runs at 2800 rpm which makes it fairly quiet. Can't tell its running if the engine is on, except for the exhaust blower... Burns 1 quart an hour or less.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 310 Montreal PQ
I would like to install a diesel genny on my Hunter 310. I have seen same model for sale that list them, and as I have added a Mermaid AC w/heat, and found lots of postings that helped in making the right choices. I have had no luck finding any manufacturer or installation guides, diagrams or help at all for generators. I have a couple years before we start cruising with her, but I really want a reliable built-in genny. Anyone who has a 310 with a genny, or has added one to theirs, I would really appreciate any guidance. Thanks in advance. Fair winds
I have a hunter 310 with A/C and a Entec West generator 4.2KW working very well
Germain2001@yahoo.com

Nov 4, 2010
Hunter 310 Lighthouse Landing Resort and Marina
Thank you for the replies. It is a great start.