Hunter 30 prop specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy

I have a standard 1988 Hunter 30, bulb wing keel, which I'm hoping to race in PHRF-N this season. I have a fixed prop and would like to apply for a rating credit. Unfortunately, I'm in the water right now, and its very cold. Does anyone know any of the answers to the following questions? 1) What's the prop diameter? I think its 15" but not sure, 2) What is the prop pitch in inches?, 3) What is the minimum distance between the prop to the trailing edge of the keel? 4) What is the minimum length of the exposed prop shaft? Any help is appreciated.

P

Pete

prop spec

According to the specs here on "HOW" the 1988 model has a 15x12 two blade prop on a 1"x50" shaft,hope that answers some of you question.

A

Alan

Prop Credit

If you have a 2 blade prop then you should receive a 6 second allowance. If you have a 3 blade(You shouldn't be racing)then you would get a 12 second adjustment. In both cases you would be better off not having any credit and putting either a folding or feathering prop on. A fixed blade prop that is being dragged through the water as you sail creats a huge drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.