Hunter 30 Cheurbini - Rigging and Mods

Jul 5, 2014
Hunter 30 Churbini Pultneyville Yacht Club
Hello Folks,
I have a 1978 Hunter 30 Cheurbini and I need help with both standing and running rigging. My owners manual doesn't really show how to do this. I am confident that it's current configuration is not in accordance with the original engineering of the vessel. Does anyone have any specifics on how the original rigging should be on this specific vessel? I have the traveler just below the gangway to the cockpit. I also need to know how the outhaul is rigged for reefing. Thanks in advance...

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
The standing rigging is four uppers, and four lowers. a competent rigger could measure and figure how long to make them.

The running rigging for halyards and jib/jenny sheets should be easy to figure out. Again, a good rigger could help. Examination of the photos in our gallery here show the mainsheet running to two locations:
- A traveler on the cabin top forward of the companionway hatch (like our friend's h-30) or
- A traveler or single point located below the companionway in the cockpit.

I'll bet walking the docks in Rochester marinas would show you living examples of Cherubini h-30 rigging.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I own a 1979 H30C. Send me a PM on this site and I'll walk you through each section of the rigging.

Jul 5, 2014
Hunter 30 Churbini Pultneyville Yacht Club
I own a 1979 H30C. Send me a PM on this site and I'll walk you through each section of the rigging.
Hi, I am particularly interested in a solution for the traveler (ease of adjusting under load), and reefing the main (how the lines run aft of the boom)!

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
I have the traveler on the cabin-top in front of the companionway on my ‘82 H30. It was long ago converted from the original “A“ configuration mainsheet to a cabin-top traveler by the previous owner and I upgraded it to a more substantial traveler with increased purchase and a triple block mainsheet. Both from Garhauer. The traveler lines come back to cabin-top Spinlock PXR Cam Cleats in the cockpit. This combination is very easy to release and adjust under load.

IMG_0546.jpegIMG_0138.jpeg

Last edited: