Hunter 295 1996 model

Aug 2, 2019
Islander I 28 home
Hi the toddl
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0709.JPG
IMG_0708.JPG
e on my boat never came with the boat. (long story) so im looking for pictures of 295 owners and pictures of the toggle on there boat. There are so many to chose from out there that MIGHT work. I need actual pictures of a toggle on a 295 1996 that is actual on a boat so i can go get one. these pictures show the boom end and the mast attachment point

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Not sure what a toggle is.... do you mean gooseneck? Or tabernacle?

The part that connects the mast to the deck is called a tabernacle.
The part that connects the boom to the mast is called a gooseneck.

Jan 19, 2010
:facepalm: I learned a new word.

Imma guessing it is sold as a set and you will have to drill out the rivets and put on an entire new goose

Aug 2, 2019
Islander I 28 home
no the part is available but i need to know what it looks like because there are hundreds of toggles available to chose from I need to see a picture on one in use today on a hunter 295, so imm looking for an owner who will take a picture of one

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Not sure of the mast manufacturer. Look on the mast and boom for any manufacturer’s name. If it says Z Diffusion, then parts can be obtained from either US Spars or the forum store on this website. Please refer to your boat as a 1996 29.5 Hunter sailboat.

The forum store should have the complete build list of parts for your boat.

Without going into it, you need to identify the mast and boom manufacturer as there several mast manufacturers supplying masts and booms to hunter in the mid 1990’s. Look for any stickers or an inscribed serial number at the bottom of the mast. Picture would help

Aug 2, 2019
Islander I 28 home
Thanks but I know all of that what I need is to see a toggle so I can get the right one. Several look like they will do the job but? Selden mast with a Isomat boom.????

Jan 19, 2010
Imma betting that you will need to drill out he rivets on the end cap... pull the cap and search for a part number stamped on the back side of the end cap.