Hunter 29.5 Table

Jun 16, 2022
Hunter 29.5 lake Texoma
Can someone please explain to me how to raise and lower the table on the Hunter 29.5 with the weight tied off to the table? Thanks!!

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
There is a release mechanism under the table which allows the table to be raised and lowered.

I'm worried that if you haven't found that yet, there may be a problem with your release. I found that the SS thread on mine seized after a year or two and I had to rebuild the whole thing ensuring that the SS threads were loaded with lubricant.

Let us know what you find.

Jun 16, 2022
Hunter 29.5 lake Texoma
There is a release mechanism under the table which allows the table to be raised and lowered.

I'm worried that if you haven't found that yet, there may be a problem with your release. I found that the SS thread on mine seized after a year or two and I had to rebuild the whole thing ensuring that the SS threads were loaded with lubricant.

Let us know what you find.
So is it the release the screw type mechanism that also prevents the table from moving side to side? Do you have to untie the weight to lower the table. I guess I'm just not sure how the weight helps.

Jan 4, 2006
The purpose of the weight is to counterbalance the weight of the table so it is "easier" to raise and lower the table. There's still a fair bit of lifting required as there's a fair bit of friction involved in sliding up and down the pole.

Do you have to untie the weight to lower the table.
Nothing is untied to lower the table. Is the internal weight free to move when you pull on the external 3/8" line ?

1686240913905.png

Jun 16, 2022
Hunter 29.5 lake Texoma
The purpose of the weight is to counterbalance the weight of the table so it is "easier" to raise and lower the table. There's still a fair bit of lifting required as there's a fair bit of friction involved in sliding up and down the pole.

Nothing is untied to lower the table. Is the internal weight free to move when you pull on the external 3/8" line ?

View attachment 216598
The weight does move I just wouldn’t say it freely moves. Feels like they may have so rust are dirt douber droppings or something. I will try it more next week when I get back out to the boat. Thanks!!

Jan 4, 2006
I've heard of the weights being rusted in place inside the compression post. Can't even imagine how that happens.

All I can even guess at is to work the weight up and down until all of the corrosion products are knocked off and then find out the source of water into the post and stop it at the source.