Hunter 29.5 shroud question

Aug 7, 2020
Hunter 29.5 Nepean Sailing Club
My Hunter owner's manual is clear in explaining that the lower shroud (stem ball on mast by spreaders) connects to the foremost hole on the chain plates. What it doesn't explain is whether the lower shroud should be routed ahead of or behind the diamond shroud. Can anyone clarify this?

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I had a similar problem with my H356 lower diagonals. I never did figure it out. It didn't seem to matter as I had it rigged both ways at various times. I'd pick whichever way seems to be less likely to abrade.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I also added those white shroud covers to the reverse diagonals for added safety to keep those two wires from rubbing against each other for added protection just in case

Aug 7, 2020
I also added those white shroud covers to the reverse diagonals for added safety to keep those two wires from rubbing against each other for added protection just in case
Thanks. Where did you find the white shroud covers? I'll have a look for them.

Aug 7, 2020
Any marine supply. You need to know the size wire
Thanks - I've now found the white shroud covers at my local Chandlery and will pick some up.

Also I'm now coming to the opinion that the lower shroud should be routed forward of the diamond shroud - this after looking up notes from the former owner of my boat, and advice from friends in my area. Also from observing that the lower shroud and the diamond shroud are already rubbing together with the current routing aft of the diamond.