Hunter 260 Engine Mount Fiberglass Cracks

Jul 15, 2020
Hunter Hunter 260 Lake Tahoe
I am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to resolve the issue I am having. I have a Mercury 9.9HP mounted on the H260 mount. and noticed a hairline crack that has grown on my past 3 day trip. At one point the tilt ratchet on the outboard was not clicked in properly and once I started sailing it slipped/ dropped causing a shock and no doubt expediting the cracking. I made a temporary fix using a ratchet strap.

Once I pull her out the water (and make any repairs) I will fabricate a stainless steel bracket with a rubber shoe to prevent a reoccurrence and relieve some of that stress. Anyone any insight into the threaded insert strength and if this will require major excavation and reinstallation of the treaded inserts?

Attachments

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
Do you really think it's threaded inserts? If it is drill them up and place a large backing plate inside the transom with through bolts.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I have reached out here but privately without a response. I helped to designe this boat which was unusual for a dealer

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@sail sfbay

Under the area is an encapsulated piece of aluminum. I have requested the owner to contact me as there are vital questions I have to ask to determine what the physical damage is as I know that area of construction. I did send a private message to him but nothing. Probably I am the best to respond to his question. He so far has yet to contact me or even respond back to this thread. It is up to him. He may have gone to the Facebook 260 but who knows. I was involved with the design of this boat. It is up to him at this point.