hunter 26 - 260 mast raising

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shawn

Is the easy mast raising system only on the 260? or is it on the 94, etc 26? I have a dock but a 12 foot bridge =( looking for something that will easily allow me to lower the mast. The hunter 260 looks like the only boat I've seen that makes this simpler (from looking at the video and info on thier website) If this feature is not on the 26, Can those struts, etc be adapted for the 26 if not? thanks, shawn

S

shawn

hmmm

on reading the archives I see this mast raising isn't as easy as hunter makes it to sound....true?

B

Bob

<30 Minutes

Hi Shawn, Owned a 23' Newport and found it simple and easy to step the mast without using struts. Took no more than 30 minutes raise or lower and my ~10 year old son assisting. Only did this at the start and end of the season. Can't imagine removing the main, boom - dropping the mast and doing the opposite each time I wanted to go out. Sure I would opt out of some of the 2 hour sails if I had to spend 1/2 the time or more rigging the boat. Owned the boat for 6 years - a lot of fun both day sailing and cruises up to 10 days. Good Luck, Bob _/)

R

Ralph McGraw

Hunter 23 Mast Raising

3 years ago someone in this forum sent me some info to step the mast on my boat without hiring a 400# weightlifter. ( They just drank to much rum for me ) It has proven very very good information. I have been able to demonstarte to others how to steo their masts with minimal help. The main problem I have so far is doing it by myself. I am working on that. The other day I saw some pictures in eBay of a 26 foot O'Day mast stepping system. There are some good examples out there of ways to use that main sheet block to make the strain so easy. If you would like to contact me further I would be glad to assist in any way. For the person that has to always go under the 12' bridge. I would look for a mooring site on the other side. I concur that if I had to do that everytime I went out sailing the number of times I went would diminish.

S

shawn

thanks all

yeah I think i'll have to investigate slip $s or maybe trading use of my lift for someone on the other side of the bridges slip...

Status
Not open for further replies.